APRIL 18, 2023
MONROE, LA – Northeast Delta Human Services Authority (NEDHSA) will host a prescription drug take-back event on Saturday, April 22, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in multiple locations throughout Northeast Louisiana.
NEDHSA will have teams stationed at the following locations:
· Super 1 Foods, 2211 E. Madison Ave., Bastrop, LA 71220
· Spring Market, 120 Legends Ave., Grambling, LA 71245
· Brookshire’s, 1801 North 18th St., Monroe, LA 71201
NEDHSA Executive Director Dr. Monteic A. Sizer said, “Take Back Day events are important for us because they address our opioid crisis and reach the underserved rural areas of our region.”
“Helping keep our communities safe by disposing of unwanted, unused, and expired medications is just one of many ways that NEDHSA is working to break the cycle of addiction and substance use disorder that plagues our region,” Dr. Sizer said.
This event allows NEDHSA’s Opioid Misuse and Abuse Prevention Program team to educate the community about the risks of abuse of prescription and over-the-counter medications left unsecured in the home.
NEDHSA will accept pills, patches, and liquids but cannot accept needles, sharps, or aerosols. This service is free and confidential, with no questions asked.
Other locations individuals can properly dispose of prescription drugs are as follows:
· East Carroll Parish Sheriff’s Office
400 First Street, Lake Providence, LA 71245
· Grambling Police Department
2045 W Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., Grambling, LA 71245
· Tallulah Police Department
500 East Green Street, Tallulah, LA 71282
· Tensas Parish Sheriff’s Office
212 Hancock Street, St Joseph, LA 71366
· Monroe Police Department
700 Wood St., Monroe, LA 71201
· ULM Police Department – Filhiol Hall
3811 DeSiard St, Monroe, LA 71209
· Richwood Municipal Building
2710 Martin Luther King Drive, Richwood, LA 71202
· Jonesboro Police Department
100 Fourth Street, Jonesboro, LA 71251