Close this search box.

Adult Mental Health Services

How do I know if I need mental health services?

  • You are struggling with mental health issues, or you have received a diagnosis such as depression, bi-polar disorder or anxiety disorder ranging from mild to severe.
  • You have a substance abuse issue, substance dependence or a severe personality disorder.
  • You have one or more mental health disorders that substantially interfere with your ability to carry out the primary aspects of daily living, such as self-care, household management, interpersonal relationships and performance in school or work.


Assessments connect clients with an appropriate level of care and resources.

Individuals experiencing crises after regular business hours can call 318-362-3339 or 1-800-256-2522.

Individuals struggling with behavioral health issues, or have received a diagnosis such as depression, bipolar disorder or anxiety ranging from mild to severe can receive Individual/Group Counseling that includes a number of approaches such as supportive therapy, psychoeducation, and cognitive-behavioral therapy.

Individuals who are relatively stable on medication and require minimal interventions may receive medication management, educational services, and referral services.

  • The Intensive Outpatient Program provides addictive disorder treatment for nine hours per week in a group setting for six weeks
  • The Outpatient Program provides addictive disorder treatment for two hours per week for about six weeks
  • The Aftercare Program provides one hour per week for an indefinite period of time
  • A one-day DWI program for a first offense DWI

Provides medication for individuals without Medicaid, Medicare, or private insurance who qualify.

Clients can also apply for Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income at the Monroe Clinic.  Volunteers Of America has an office here at the clinic and assists patients in filling out any required forms.

Priority admission and treatment preference is offered to pregnant injecting drug users, other pregnant women with a substance abuse issue, and injecting drug users.


We will assess you and determine if you meet our admission criteria or if you would benefit from our assisting you with some other treatment placement.

If you are suffering from a mental health illness such as depression, severe mood swings, hallucinations, or emotional problems resulting from a traumatic event, you are eligible. 

What should I bring to my first appointment?

If you want to learn more about eligibility, Northeast Delta Human Services Authority staff will assist you with assessment, planning and/or referrals for services.

  1. An ID card and an insurance card if you have a policy.
  2. Any medications you take, in the pill bottle, or a pharmacy print-out of your medications.
  3. Proof of income must be established when you arrive. If you don’t have proof of income with you, you have 30 days to bring it back to us.
  4. Name and contact information for any agency that referred you to us.
  5. Any relevant legal paperwork such as a court order.



Don’t worry- we’re here to answer any questions that you may still have.