This workshop provides an opportunity to gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to become both a Program Implementer and Facilitator Trainer. Certified Trainers can teach our youth and parent workshops throughout their organization, region or state; saving organization’s and others training costs. Certified PPW Program Trainers can train other prevention and health specialists to implement Prevention Plus Wellness youth or parent programs.
- Discuss the need for effective programs that address multiple health risks of youth and young adults by integrating wellness promotion with substance use prevention as well as Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) program components, models, research and implementation steps.
- Identify how to effectively implement single-session screening and brief interventions which prevent substance use while promoting physical activity and other healthy behaviors, positive identities, and self-regulation skills.
- Develop knowledge, skills and confidence to implement, or train others to implement, the evidence-based PPW programs with fidelity.
- Discuss how to monitor the quality and outcomes of program implementation and how to extend and sustain programs over time.
- Practice scripts for implementing PPW programs.