On behalf of the Board of Directors, thank you for your interest in our programs and services. I encourage you to explore the wide variety of services available to the citizens of our 12- Parish Northeast Louisiana region. We are devoted to deliver programs and services that encourage people to reach their full human potential.
Offering programs in the areas related to addictive disorders, behavioral health and developmental disabilities, our great practitioners and staff stand ready to help identify and provide the necessary care to help you, family members or friends make the changes necessary for an improved quality of life.
If you have questions regarding the mission of NE Delta HSA, becoming a member of the Board of Directors, or just learning more about our award winning program offerings, please feel free to contact us through the “Contact a Board Member” page.
Michael K. Shipp, M.Ed.
Chairman, NEDHSA Board of Directors
NE Delta HSA’s Board membership includes representation from each of the parishes we serve. Listed below is our current Board member composition. Parishes without current Board membership may submit an application through their local parish Police Jury. Due to the nominating and vetting processes, Board member terms are staggered to ensure regional representation. Check back as additional names are added regularly.
On behalf of Northeast Delta HSA, the purpose of the board is to see to it that the Authority:
1. Achieves appropriate results consistent with the mission of the agency as it serves persons living in communities with mental illness, addictive disorders and developmental disabilities.
2. Meet the terms of the enabling legislation between Northeast Delta HSA and the Louisiana Department of Health.
3. Operates according to the approved Northeast Delta HSA strategic plan and is fiscally responsive to the needs of the region.
4. Avoids unacceptable risk and liabilities.
The Northeast Delta HSA Board establishes policy governance for its community-based programs and services relative to behavioral health, addictive disorders and developmental disability services for 12 parishes in northeast Louisiana: Caldwell, East Carroll, Franklin, Jackson, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse, Ouachita, Richland, Tensas, Union, and West Carroll.
The board will govern with an emphasis on:
1. Outward vision rather than internal preoccupation.
2. Encouragement of diversity in viewpoints.
3. Strategic leadership rather than administrative detail.
4. A clear distinction of board and executive director roles.
5. Collective rather than individual decisions.
6. Future rather than past or present.
7. Proactively rather than reactively.